Monday, October 10, 2011

The weekly stuff from friday

Pages

This week: 105 pgs
Total: 499

Sentences:
"I drive Abbie’s mint-green Ford Taurus to Fat Tuesday, one of those days-of-the-week restaurant chains: T.G.I. Friday’s, Ruby Tuesday, Ash Wednesday’s, Holy Thursday’s. Fat Tuesday wasn’t as much a comedy club as it was a bar that had a comedy night."
This sentence has officially caused me to integrate the phrase day-of-the-week restaurant into my vocabulary.

"My professional basketball plans may have been cut short by the reality of opposing players, but as long as sharks still rhymed with parks, no one could convince me that I couldn’t be a professional poet or rapper. And when the Shrewsbury police department visited St. Mary’s School to conduct their “DARE to Keep Kids Off Drugs” program, I saw the opportunity to launch my career as a rap star who also happened to hate drugs."
Mike Birbiglia is just showing off how much of a boss he was in second grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment