Sunday, October 2, 2011

Finished Choke

For the first time in a long time, I actually finished a book. To my surprise, its actually not that hard to do. The best part might have been the story, however the sheer accomplishment I felt completing it probably out did the book itself. On top of that, the fact that I have had your book checked out for over 5 weeks has sort of been weighing on my conscience and it felt good to get that weight off my chest. "Choke" was awesome, and he raps up the story very well. There were plenty of plot twists and "ah-ha" moments towards the end, but it was an appropriate amount. One of the coolest things was seeing how all the loose ends throughout the story all got tied up at the end. As the novel came to a close, it didn't leave me with a cliche cliffhanger to make me beg for a sequel, it just ended. I got to feel like I had completed something. The type of "AWW YEAH I JUST DID THAT" moment that makes me wanna go waltz around town like I recently conquered a small Mediterranean island. So without giving away any spoilers to the book, I can summarize the book as awesome, and worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment