Tuesday, October 11, 2011

End of the Quarter Goodies

Since I did my currently post after school yesterday, I guess I'll just dive straight into the sentences of the quarter that I liked.

1. "We can spend our lives letting the world tell us who we are. Sane or insane. Saints or sex addicts. Heroes or victims. Letting history tell us how good or bad we are. Letting our past decide our future. Or we can decide for ourselves. And maybe its our job to invent something better."
Definatly an awesome series of sentences there. Its so cool because it makes me feel like its eff the world no rules.

2. "I drive Abbie’s mint-green Ford Taurus to Fat Tuesday, one of those days-of-the-week restaurant chains: T.G.I. Friday’s, Ruby Tuesday, Ash Wednesday’s, Holy Thursday’s. Fat Tuesday wasn’t as much a comedy club as it was a bar that had a comedy night."
Even though i posted this one very recently, it is still one of my favorites because of the phrase "days-of-the-week restaurant."

3. "It's funny how the beauty of art has so much more to do with the frame than with the artwork itself."
This is a quote from way back in the beginning of the quarter and it remains legendary because it is a perfect metaphor.

No comments:

Post a Comment